Amplio Training Course Portfolio
Level 2 (RQF) Fire SafetyThis Ofqual accredited Level 2 Award in Fire Safety Principles is designed for employees who want to develop their basic ﬁre safety awareness in order to assist their employer by undertaking more speciﬁc ﬁre safety roles in the workplace to manage ﬁre risk (e.g. as ﬁre wardens/marshals/stewards etc.)
You will, no doubt, be well aware of the potentially devastating effects of ﬁres in the workplace in terms of lives lost, injuries, damage to property and the environment, and to business continuity. You may also be aware that it is believed that most ﬁres are preventable. The importance of ﬁre safety in the workplace is underpinned by health and safety legislation that places a duty on employers to establish policies and procedures and ensure their employees receive appropriate training.
Successful candidates will be awarded a national level 2 qualiﬁcation (Level 5 in Scotland).
A range of subjects is covered including:
- The hazards and risks associated with ﬁre in the workplace
- How ﬁre risk is controlled in the workplace
- The role of the nominated ﬁre warden
- The principles and practice of ﬁre safety management at work
- Causes of fire in the workplace
- Characteristics of fire and smoke spread
- Means of escape
- Fire detection and raising the alarm
- Extinguishing fires
- Fixed fire-fighting systems
- The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
- Legal duties and penalties
- Fire risk assessment
- Fire safety inspections
- Induction briefings
DurationA minimum of 6 contact hours in the classroom.
NumbersA maximum of 16 students are allowed and must be a minimum of 14 years of age and a certiﬁcate can be offered to all, subject to assessment. A student cannot assume a responsibility in the workplace until they reach the age of 16, and then it is the employer’s responsibility to ensure that the student is suitable for that role. The certiﬁcate will expire as dated on the certiﬁcate, irrespective of age.
Assessment & CertificationA Level 2 national qualiﬁcation, (Level 5 in Scotland), will be issued to the learner, subject to successfully completing the test paper.
No dates have currently been scheduled for this course.
Please contact us with a view to tailoring a course to your needs either at our training centre or an in house course at your premises subject to us assessing the suitability of your premises.
If your staff can't make it to a scheduled training course or if you want to train a whole team of staff, let us come to you.
As an independent local provider Amplio Training is able to offer competitively priced courses that can be delivered flexibly either during or outside of your organisation's working hours, on site or at a training venue (See Course Finder).
Training at your premises, when it suits you, to fit in with your business needs.
A cost effective way of training your team in workplace compliance qualifications with no travel or accommodation expenses to worry about.
- We can spread the course over a number of sessions to suit your needs
- Plan your training with a time and date that fits your organisational needs
- Training together can be a team building experience, giving you the time and opportunity to review policies and procedures relevant to your organisation
- Accredited national qualification
- Training that complies with statutory legislation
- Assessment/examination papers
- Highly qualified instructors
- Dedicated account manager
Please contact us should you be interested in a quotation or discussing your requirements in more detail.
If you are an individual, or a company looking to place one or more of your staff onto one of our courses, you can find a course to suit you at our venue on our scheduled courses page or, alternatively, we can schedule a course for you.