Amplio Training Course Portfolio
Moving And Assisting PeopleEducating staff in the principles of safe moving and assisting contributes to excellence in care as well as reducing injury.
This course explores the principles of safe moving and assisting of people. It facilitates a problem-solving approach that is person centred and enables learners to develop their knowledge and practical skills in Moving & Assisting safely.
The training can be adapted bespoke to your organisation's policy, procedures and record keeping.
This course links into Care Certificate standard 13.
- Understand relevant legislation and how this applies to working practice
- Understand the basic anatomy of the spine and it’s functions
- Recognise the importance of bio-mechanics and how these principles can be applied
- Identify the controversial moves that are deemed poor practice and the reasons why
- Understand the importance of ergonomics and risk assessment
- Understand factors that influence moving and assisting
- How to respond to a falling and fallen person
- Develop practical and person centred skills in moving and positioning techniques including the use of moving and assisting equipment
NumbersA maximum of 12 students can be accommodated on this course.
Assessment & CertificationThe tutor ensures a thorough understanding has been achieved through discussion, activities, practical scenarios using a variety of relevant equipment and a written questions and answers.
A certificate of attendance will be received upon completion of the course.
No dates have currently been scheduled for this course.
Please contact us with a view to tailoring a course to your needs either at our training centre or an in house course at your premises subject to us assessing the suitability of your premises.
If your staff can't make it to a scheduled training course or if you want to train a whole team of staff, let us come to you.
As an independent local provider Amplio Training is able to offer competitively priced courses that can be delivered flexibly either during or outside of your organisation's working hours, on site or at a training venue (See Course Finder).
Training at your premises, when it suits you, to fit in with your business needs.
A cost effective way of training your team in workplace compliance qualifications with no travel or accommodation expenses to worry about.
- We can spread the course over a number of sessions to suit your needs
- Plan your training with a time and date that fits your organisational needs
- Training together can be a team building experience, giving you the time and opportunity to review policies and procedures relevant to your organisation
- Training that complies with statutory legislation
- Highly qualified instructors
- Dedicated account manager
Please contact us should you be interested in a quotation or discussing your requirements in more detail.
If you are an individual, or a company looking to place one or more of your staff onto one of our courses, you can find a course to suit you at our venue on our scheduled courses page or, alternatively, we can schedule a course for you.