Updates - Heart Attack Guidance
Heart Attack Guidance
This now includes guidance for the first aider to bring the nearest AED to the scene as a precaution
• If you suspect heart attack:
• Sit the casualty down and make them comfortable.
• Do not allow them to walk around.
• Allow the casualty to take their own glyceryl tri-nitrate (G.T.N.) medication if they have it.
• Reassure the casualty.
• Remove any cause of stress or anxiety if possible.
• Bring the nearest AED to the scene as a precaution if available (only to use if the casualty becomes unconscious and is not breathing normally).
• If the casualty is not allergic to aspirin and older than 16, allowing them to chew an aspirin tablet slowly may help to limit the extent of damage to the heart
• NOTE: Aspirin reduces the clotting ability of the blood. Chewing the tablet makes it work faster. A 150mg or 300mg chewable or soluble aspirin is ideal.
• Monitor pulse and breathing.
• If the casualty becomes unconscious, this usually means the heart has stopped altogether!
• Be prepared to start CPR and use the AED if needed.
Call 999/112 for emergency help immediately if:
• You suspect a heart attack.
• The casualty has not been diagnosed as having angina.
• The symptoms are different, or worse than the casualty’s normal angina attacks.
• Angina pain is not relieved by the casualty’s medication and rest after 15 minutes.
• Angina pain has come on whilst the casualty is at rest or it has woken them from their sleep.
• You are in any doubt
Amplio Training is a local independent training provider based in Sidmouth, East Devon and covering all of SW England, specialising in bespoke First Aid and Health and Safety accredited courses and Health & Social Care courses in line with latest regulations
"Level 2 Food Safety in Catering. The Trainer made everything clear, concise and relevant to our work place! She was very keen to get feedback and answer questions. We had plenty of re..."
Read more >>
We have an extensive training portfolio delivered onsite or at a training venue. (See our Course Finder)
Our experience, knowledge and commitment ensure high quality training is consistently delivered. We believe that investing in people is a key enabler to an organisation's efficiency, success and reputation.
Amplio Training delivers professional, adaptable programmes to meet the needs of the individual and training groups as a whole to maximise learner potential. We endeavour to ensure our training sessions are interactive, using a variety of training tools and realistic scenarios to encourage discussion and learning.
Courses provided at your own site or at our training venue.
On-site training courses offer great value when there are five or more learners. (Course Finder)
If there are less than five that require training then the best value for you will be found by selecting a scheduled course or arranging one with us.
All scheduled courses at our venue include refreshments and lunch.
Amplio Training also promotes many courses through the Devon Community Learning Academy. Click here to go to the Devon Communities Together site and find out more about the other course run through the Academy.
The Devon Community Learning Academy is run by regional community development charity Devon Communities Together. It offers a wide range of accessible learning opportunities and events to support regional organisations, businesses, charities and individuals.
Training areas include community development, business and marketing support, first aid and fire safety, health and wellbeing, benefits and money advice, neighbourhood planning, housing and more.
Discounts are available for Devon Community Together members and other community groups.
Visit the website to see the latest courses.
Our Training Venues:
Our training venue is at:
No complicated booking procedures!
Please contact us should you be interested in a quotation
or discussing your requirements in more detail.
This is at the junction of Glen Road and Cotmaton Road.
The City Gate Hotel
Accreditations:Amplio Training: approved instructors with Nuco Training.
Nuco Training is an Approved Centre No: FAAC001. An Ofqual regulated Awarding Organisation.
Amplio Training is also an approved centre with Highfield Qualifications.
Amplio Training is also an approved centre with UK Register of Learning Providers.
Amplio Training is insured with DSC Insurance Services. Policy no. 17924/G7/CF-I/1