Amplio Training Course Portfolio
Level 2 (RQF) Manual Handling, Principles & PracticeWe are all exposed at times to some form of manual handling such as lifting, carrying, pulling and pushing actions that can be compounded by simultaneous movements such as climbing or pivoting. Personal injuries resulting from incorrect manual handling in the workplace accounts for over one million working days lost per year, as well as the pain and suffering experienced by the casualties. Correct manual handling techniques can make a huge difference.
The risks arising from manual handling have been recognised by the Health and Safety Executive for many years, as evidenced in their regulations and advisory activities promoting good practice.
The Regulations require employers to provide their employees with health and safety information and training – supplemented, as necessary, with more specific information and training on manual handling injury risks and prevention.
This course provides an ideal approach to safer and more effective manual handling – not only meeting HSE recommendations, but also promoting good and safe practices in any situation.
- A range of subjects are covered that will equip delegates to:
- Understand the reasons for safe manual handling
- Understand how manual handling risk assessments contribute to improving health and safety
- Understand the principles, types of equipment and testing requirements associated with manual handling safety
- Be able to apply safe manual handling principles
DurationThis is a 6-hour classroom based course. Dependent on the learner’s experience, there may well be some pre-course or post-course reading.
NumbersA maximum of 12 students are allowed and must be a minimum of 14 years of age and a certificate can be offered to all, subject to assessment.
Assessment & CertificationPractical assessment is on-going by the instructor, culminating with a written test.
This qualification does not expire, but refresher training and keeping up to date with changes to policies and procedures is vital to keep the qualification current.
No dates have currently been scheduled for this course.
Please contact us with a view to tailoring a course to your needs either at our training centre or an in house course at your premises subject to us assessing the suitability of your premises.
If your staff can't make it to a scheduled training course or if you want to train a whole team of staff, let us come to you.
As an independent local provider Amplio Training is able to offer competitively priced courses that can be delivered flexibly either during or outside of your organisation's working hours, on site or at a training venue (See Course Finder).
Training at your premises, when it suits you, to fit in with your business needs.
A cost effective way of training your team in workplace compliance qualifications with no travel or accommodation expenses to worry about.
- We can spread the course over a number of sessions to suit your needs
- Plan your training with a time and date that fits your organisational needs
- Training together can be a team building experience, giving you the time and opportunity to review policies and procedures relevant to your organisation
- Accredited national qualification
- Training that complies with statutory legislation
- Assessment/examination papers
- Highly qualified instructors
- Dedicated account manager
Please contact us should you be interested in a quotation or discussing your requirements in more detail.
If you are an individual, or a company looking to place one or more of your staff onto one of our courses, you can find a course to suit you at our venue on our scheduled courses page or, alternatively, we can schedule a course for you.