Amplio Training Course Portfolio
Level 2 (RQF) Award In Moving People SafelyThis qualification is intended as further development for those working in areas where the assistance and movement of people is a part of their role. It is underpinned by the safe principles of moving and handling but recognises the special skills required when assisting and moving people.
The qualification is suitable for new starters in organisations where the movement and assistance of people is a key role as well as being suitable for refresher training.
- Understand the reasons for safe manual handling.
- Understand how manual handling risk assessments contribute to improving health and safety
- Understand the principles, types of equipment and testing requirements associated with manual handling safety
- Be able to apply safe manual handling principles
- Understand the personal safety health and dignity issues relating to the movement of a person by others
- Understand how a personal handling plan and risk assessment reduce the risk of injury to everyone involved in moving a person
- Understand the principles, types of equipment and testing requirements associated with moving people safely
- Be able to apply safe principles when moving a person
DurationThe total qualification time for this qualification is 40 hours and of this 20 hours are recommended as guided learning hours.
NumbersA maximum of 12 students can be accommodated on this course
Assessment & CertificationThere are no prerequisites for this qualification, however it is recommended that learners have a
minimum of Level 1 in literacy or numeracy or equivalent.
This qualification is assessed by 2 multiple-choice examinations and 2 practical assessments.
No dates have currently been scheduled for this course.
Please contact us with a view to tailoring a course to your needs either at our training centre or an in house course at your premises subject to us assessing the suitability of your premises.
If your staff can't make it to a scheduled training course or if you want to train a whole team of staff, let us come to you.
As an independent local provider Amplio Training is able to offer competitively priced courses that can be delivered flexibly either during or outside of your organisation's working hours, on site or at a training venue (See Course Finder).
Training at your premises, when it suits you, to fit in with your business needs.
A cost effective way of training your team in workplace compliance qualifications with no travel or accommodation expenses to worry about.
- We can spread the course over a number of sessions to suit your needs
- Plan your training with a time and date that fits your organisational needs
- Training together can be a team building experience, giving you the time and opportunity to review policies and procedures relevant to your organisation
- Training that complies with statutory legislation
- Highly qualified instructors
- Dedicated account manager
Please contact us should you be interested in a quotation or discussing your requirements in more detail.
If you are an individual, or a company looking to place one or more of your staff onto one of our courses, you can find a course to suit you at our venue on our scheduled courses page or, alternatively, we can schedule a course for you.