Amplio Training Course Portfolio
Positive Behaviour Support & Challenging BehavioursPositive behaviour support is a person centred approach aimed at promoting the individuality, rights and dignity of the person through the development of a therapeutic environment. It is a human rights approach minimising all forms of restrictive practices so they are only used as a last resort.
Behaviours are forms of communication. Challenging behaviours are the impact of a particular behaviour on the individual or others that may affect the person’s physical and mental health and safety or that of others.
This course is designed for anyone working in the care sector. It aims to promote and deliver high quality care to even the most difficult service users and raises work related questions directly to your area of experience. The course also teaches delegates how to identify the factors that might trigger challenging behaviour as well as how to manage challenging situations using simple intervention techniques.
- Assess the potential for challenging behaviour
- Follow SMART principles
- Prevent confused and ‘’unpredictable behaviour’’
- Deliver high quality care to even the most difficult service users
- Raise work related questions directly to your area of experience
- Support people with complex behavioural needs
- Assess potential for problem behaviour and dangerous situations
- Prevent possible problem behaviour by the use of specific skills
- Manage challenging behaviours through a person centred approach
- Learn the important technique of Generating Co-operation
Numbers16 students can be accommodated on this course.
Assessment & CertificationThe tutor ensures a thorough understanding has been achieved through discussion, activities, practical scenarios and a written questions and answers.
A certificate of attendance will be received upon completion of the course.
No dates have currently been scheduled for this course.
Please contact us with a view to tailoring a course to your needs either at our training centre or an in house course at your premises subject to us assessing the suitability of your premises.
If your staff can't make it to a scheduled training course or if you want to train a whole team of staff, let us come to you.
As an independent local provider Amplio Training is able to offer competitively priced courses that can be delivered flexibly either during or outside of your organisation's working hours, on site or at a training venue (See Course Finder).
Training at your premises, when it suits you, to fit in with your business needs.
A cost effective way of training your team in workplace compliance qualifications with no travel or accommodation expenses to worry about.
- We can spread the course over a number of sessions to suit your needs
- Plan your training with a time and date that fits your organisational needs
- Training together can be a team building experience, giving you the time and opportunity to review policies and procedures relevant to your organisation
- Training that complies with statutory legislation
- Highly qualified instructors
- Dedicated account manager
Please contact us should you be interested in a quotation or discussing your requirements in more detail.
If you are an individual, or a company looking to place one or more of your staff onto one of our courses, you can find a course to suit you at our venue on our scheduled courses page or, alternatively, we can schedule a course for you.