Amplio Training Course Portfolio
Dementia AwarenessAs the population ages Dementia is one of the most important issues we face.
This awareness course is designed to enable workforce development for any member of staff working in health or social care with people at any stage of dementia, from the earliest signs to the fully diagnosed condition. It can be used for staff new to the area or as an excellent refresher for those seeking to maintain or update their knowledge.
The course provides a basis for a general understanding of the condition in any setting. It aims to build workers’ confidence in adapting their actions and communication in order to respond appropriately to the person with dementia. Delegates should come away from the session understanding what dementia is, how to manage it and with a greater awareness of the sensitive issues faced by these individuals and their families.
- What is dementia?
- The importance of early diagnosis
- Different types of dementia
- How to assist people with dementia and their carers
- Supporting individuals with dementia
- Managing behavioural changes
- Enabling and empowering individuals with dementia
Numbers20 students can be accommodated on this course.
Assessment & CertificationThe tutor ensures a thorough understanding has been achieved through discussion, activities, practical scenarios and a written questions and answers.
A certificate of attendance will be received upon completion of the course.
No dates have currently been scheduled for this course.
Please contact us with a view to tailoring a course to your needs either at our training centre or an in house course at your premises subject to us assessing the suitability of your premises.
If your staff can't make it to a scheduled training course or if you want to train a whole team of staff, let us come to you.
As an independent local provider Amplio Training is able to offer competitively priced courses that can be delivered flexibly either during or outside of your organisation's working hours, on site or at a training venue (See Course Finder).
Training at your premises, when it suits you, to fit in with your business needs.
A cost effective way of training your team in workplace compliance qualifications with no travel or accommodation expenses to worry about.
- We can spread the course over a number of sessions to suit your needs
- Plan your training with a time and date that fits your organisational needs
- Training together can be a team building experience, giving you the time and opportunity to review policies and procedures relevant to your organisation
- Training that complies with statutory legislation
- Highly qualified instructors
- Dedicated account manager
Please contact us should you be interested in a quotation or discussing your requirements in more detail.
If you are an individual, or a company looking to place one or more of your staff onto one of our courses, you can find a course to suit you at our venue on our scheduled courses page or, alternatively, we can schedule a course for you.