Amplio Training Course Portfolio
Level 3 (RQF) First Aid At Work Re-qualificationThis 2-day First Aid at Work course is designed for those who currently hold a First Aid at Work qualification and are due to expire.
Please consider the following rules for attendance:
• A First Aider can renew their FAW qualification by attending a 2-day requalification course without question, if it’s within 1 month past the expiry date
• If the First Aider has lapsed by more than 1 month, but no longer than 3 months, then the First Aider can requalify by attending a 2-day course providing ‘Special considerations’ have been applied.
Special considerations are:
• A signed letter from the employer to the provider of the training stating the reasons why in their opinion, the First Aider is suitably experienced to attend a 2-day course and does not require a full 3-day FAW course OR
• A decision is made by the provider of the training after discussions with the employer, or the First Aider, and deciding that their previous experience is sufficient to attend a 2-day course.
If the First Aider has lapsed beyond 3 months then they must attend a full 3-day FAW course The important thing to remember is that as soon as the certificate expires, the First Aider is no longer considered competent to act as a First Aider in the workplace which may well leave the employer with a shortfall of First Aiders. Therefore, it would be prudent to arrange their requalification before they expire.
A range of subjects are covered including:
- Responsibilities and reporting
- Heart attacks
- Dealing with an unresponsive casualty
- Eye injuries
- Fractures and spinal injuries
- Control of bleeding
- Chest injuries
- Assessment of the situation
- Shock (including Anaphylaxis)
- Head injuries
- Sprains and strains
A student cannot assume a responsibility in the workplace until they reach the age of 16, and then it is the employer’s responsibility to ensure that the student is suitable for that role.
DurationA minimum of 12 hours spread over at least two days. Ideally, the course should be run over two consecutive days, but can be spread over a longer time period if you so desire, providing it is completed within 6 weeks of starting the course and the training sessions last for a minimum of two hours.
NumbersA maximum of 12 students are allowed and must be a minimum of 14 years of age and a certificate can be offered to all, subject to assessment.
Assessment & CertificationSuccessful qualification on this course is based on practical assessments conducted throughout the course and written test papers each day.
A three year Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (Level 6 in Scotland) will be issued to the learner, subject to successful assessment.
No external assessors are required.
No dates have currently been scheduled for this course.
Please contact us with a view to tailoring a course to your needs either at our training centre or an in house course at your premises subject to us assessing the suitability of your premises.
If your staff can't make it to a scheduled training course or if you want to train a whole team of staff, let us come to you.
As an independent local provider Amplio Training is able to offer competitively priced courses that can be delivered flexibly either during or outside of your organisation's working hours, on site or at a training venue (See Course Finder).
Training at your premises, when it suits you, to fit in with your business needs.
A cost effective way of training your team in workplace compliance qualifications with no travel or accommodation expenses to worry about.
- We can spread the course over a number of sessions to suit your needs
- Plan your training with a time and date that fits your organisational needs
- Training together can be a team building experience, giving you the time and opportunity to review policies and procedures relevant to your organisation
- Accredited national qualification
- Training that complies with statutory legislation
- Assessment/examination papers
- Highly qualified instructors
- Dedicated account manager
Please contact us should you be interested in a quotation or discussing your requirements in more detail.
If you are an individual, or a company looking to place one or more of your staff onto one of our courses, you can find a course to suit you at our venue on our scheduled courses page or, alternatively, we can schedule a course for you.