Amplio Training Course Portfolio
Infection Control, Skin Integrity and Continence CareIn order to receive safe and effective care, infection control and prevention must be part of everyday practice and be applied consistently by everyone. It is vital that staff understand the causes and spread of infection and processes used for infection prevention and control whilst maintaining the principles that underpin privacy and dignity in care. This course combines infection control, skin integrity, continence and catheter care.
The training can be adapted bespoke to your organisation's policy, procedures and record keeping.
This course links into Care Certificate standards 7 & 15.
- Be aware of basic legislation that governs infection control
- Describe the main routes by which infection can get into the body
- Understand the principles of effective hand hygiene
- Explain how your own health or hygiene might pose a risk to the individuals you support, or to other people in the work place
- List common types of personal protective equipment and procedures and how and when to use them
- Explain the principles of safe handling of infected or soiled linen and clinical waste
- Maintaining privacy and dignity
- To give a basic understanding of the physiological changes that occur in the development of pressure sores, and to provide an awareness of contributing factors
- To be aware of the measures that can be taken to prevent pressure sores
- Know the causes of incontinence
- Know how to assist with incontinence products
Numbers20 students can be accommodated on this course.
Assessment & CertificationThe tutor ensures a thorough understanding has been achieved through discussion, activities, practical scenarios and a written questions and answers.
A certificate of attendance will be received upon completion of the course.
No dates have currently been scheduled for this course.
Please contact us with a view to tailoring a course to your needs either at our training centre or an in house course at your premises subject to us assessing the suitability of your premises.
If your staff can't make it to a scheduled training course or if you want to train a whole team of staff, let us come to you.
As an independent local provider Amplio Training is able to offer competitively priced courses that can be delivered flexibly either during or outside of your organisation's working hours, on site or at a training venue (See Course Finder).
Training at your premises, when it suits you, to fit in with your business needs.
A cost effective way of training your team in workplace compliance qualifications with no travel or accommodation expenses to worry about.
- We can spread the course over a number of sessions to suit your needs
- Plan your training with a time and date that fits your organisational needs
- Training together can be a team building experience, giving you the time and opportunity to review policies and procedures relevant to your organisation
- Training that complies with statutory legislation
- Highly qualified instructors
- Dedicated account manager
Please contact us should you be interested in a quotation or discussing your requirements in more detail.
If you are an individual, or a company looking to place one or more of your staff onto one of our courses, you can find a course to suit you at our venue on our scheduled courses page or, alternatively, we can schedule a course for you.