Amplio Training Course Portfolio
Management of MedicationPeople needing care and support often require medication in a safe and timely manner. It is vital that your staff know their role and responsibilities in the proper and safe management of medicines.
This course covers the key principles and practices regarding managing medicines within the care sector.
It can be adapted bespoke to your organisation's policy, procedures and record keeping.
This course links into Care Certificate standard 13.
- Recognise the difference between a drug and a medicine and how they act on the body
- Know the different routes of medication administration
- Recognise side effects of commonly used medicines in a care setting
- Understand what it means to ensure the dignity of the customers being supported
- Understand the importance of the risk assessment process
- Describe the agreed ways of working in relation to medication
- Describe the agreed ways of working in healthcare tasks
- List the task relating to medication and healthcare procedures that you are not allowed to carry out until you are competent
- Know how to read medicine labels and follow instructions
- Demonstrate ways to adhere to standard infection control procedures
- Demonstrate competence in the recording of administration of medication
- Have knowledge of relevant legislation regarding medication management and your organisation’s policy on: supplying, ordering, storage, dispensing, preparation and disposal of medicines
Numbers16 students can be accommodated on this course.
Assessment & CertificationThe tutor ensures a thorough understanding has been achieved through discussion, activities, practical scenarios and a written questions and answers.
A certificate of attendance will be received upon completion of the course.
No dates have currently been scheduled for this course.
Please contact us with a view to tailoring a course to your needs either at our training centre or an in house course at your premises subject to us assessing the suitability of your premises.
If your staff can't make it to a scheduled training course or if you want to train a whole team of staff, let us come to you.
As an independent local provider Amplio Training is able to offer competitively priced courses that can be delivered flexibly either during or outside of your organisation's working hours, on site or at a training venue (See Course Finder).
Training at your premises, when it suits you, to fit in with your business needs.
A cost effective way of training your team in workplace compliance qualifications with no travel or accommodation expenses to worry about.
- We can spread the course over a number of sessions to suit your needs
- Plan your training with a time and date that fits your organisational needs
- Training together can be a team building experience, giving you the time and opportunity to review policies and procedures relevant to your organisation
- Training that complies with statutory legislation
- Highly qualified instructors
- Dedicated account manager
Please contact us should you be interested in a quotation or discussing your requirements in more detail.
If you are an individual, or a company looking to place one or more of your staff onto one of our courses, you can find a course to suit you at our venue on our scheduled courses page or, alternatively, we can schedule a course for you.