Amplio Training Course Portfolio
Mental Capacity Act (2005) & (DoLS)The Mental Capacity Act aims to empower and protect people who may not be able to make some decisions for themselves. It also enables people to plan ahead in case they are unable to make important decisions for themselves in the future.
The course includes the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) – a set of checks that aims to make sure that any care that restricts a person’s liberty is both appropriate and in their best interests. People working in social care must have an awareness of and be able to implement this act in their daily practice.
This course offers:
- An increased understanding of the provisions of the Mental Capacity Act 2005.
- Knowledge of your duties and responsibilities under the Mental Capacity Act 2005.
- Skills to document clarify the rationale, the process and the outcome of decision-making when the person does not have the capacity to make a particular decision.
- An understanding of how complying with the Mental Capacity Act enhances a person-centred and dignified approach to care.
It is suitable for those working within a supported living or care setting.
The training can be adapted bespoke to your organisation's policy, procedures and record keeping.
It links into the Care Certificate standard 9
- Explain what is meant by the term “capacity”
- Understand the importance of the MCA Code of Practice
- Understand the key principles of the MCA
- Explain why it is important to assume someone has capacity unless there is evidence they do not
- Recognise who may lack capacity to make decisions
- Explain what is meant by “consent" and how it can change according to what decisions may need to be taken
- Identify ways in which you can assist people to make decisions for themselves
- Understand how and why capacity is assessed and who can undertake a capacity assessment
- Explain what is meant by a best interest decision
- Understand what IMCAs do
- Explain what a Lasting Power of Attorney is
- Understand your role regarding deprivation of liberty
- Understand the meaning of advanced statements regarding future care
- Understand record keeping and recognise when to ask for guidance
Numbers16 students can be accommodated on this course.
Assessment & CertificationThe tutor ensures a thorough understanding has been achieved through discussion, activities, practical scenarios and a written questions and answers.
A certificate of attendance will be received upon completion of the course.
No dates have currently been scheduled for this course.
Please contact us with a view to tailoring a course to your needs either at our training centre or an in house course at your premises subject to us assessing the suitability of your premises.
If your staff can't make it to a scheduled training course or if you want to train a whole team of staff, let us come to you.
As an independent local provider Amplio Training is able to offer competitively priced courses that can be delivered flexibly either during or outside of your organisation's working hours, on site or at a training venue (See Course Finder).
Training at your premises, when it suits you, to fit in with your business needs.
A cost effective way of training your team in workplace compliance qualifications with no travel or accommodation expenses to worry about.
- We can spread the course over a number of sessions to suit your needs
- Plan your training with a time and date that fits your organisational needs
- Training together can be a team building experience, giving you the time and opportunity to review policies and procedures relevant to your organisation
- Training that complies with statutory legislation
- Highly qualified instructors
- Dedicated account manager
Please contact us should you be interested in a quotation or discussing your requirements in more detail.
If you are an individual, or a company looking to place one or more of your staff onto one of our courses, you can find a course to suit you at our venue on our scheduled courses page or, alternatively, we can schedule a course for you.